October 22, 2008

We've Got Stars Directing Our Fate


Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Ever have one of those days where you just want to dig into a big dessert? Some of us experience that more than others (just look at my waistline) but I think I'm pretty save in assuming you've all been there.

For some reason I started craving a certain dessert today. Not sure if it's because I dearly miss my friends who introduced me to it or if I subconsciously thought of the taste and now want it. Either way, it got me thinking about making a blog post (perhaps to stop me from making one). The dessert I'm talking about is an Australian and/or New Zealand delight called pavlova. Not many know it over here but when they discover it, there's no going back!

The best way to describe pavlova is a cake-sized meringue with fruit and cream on top. It's light, fluffy and perfectly sweet. In fact, the first time I had it I feared my teeth would instantly fall out :P

The reason I bring this up in the blog is because if you're not sold on the whole wedding cake idea or you are unsure what to have as a dessert, think outside the box. You don't have to have a traditional fruitcake with marzipan. Look at other places around the world for inspiration.


Have fun with this part of your event ... it really is sweet!


PS ... if you would like to try it out, .: HERE :. is a pretty good recipe :)


No comments: