Pretty much every woman wears makeup. And I'm going to take a really big risk and say most will want makeup worn on their wedding day. Well, whether you're doing it yourself or hiring a makeup artist, you should be educated about what's touching your skin.
I'm not a saint (stop gasping). I've worn makeup and makeup with chemicals for years. I've been wanting to change to something more organic for a while now but as far as priorities go, it wasn't #1 on my list. Then my eye happened. Let me explain. To any of you who haven't had the 'pleasure' of seeing me in the past little while, it looks like someone clocked me in the right eye. It honestly looks like a fresh punch. I've been to the doctor a couple of times and he chalked it up to allergies. I was told to stop wearing makeup until it clears up (which it STILL hasn't). Perfect opportunity to get rid of my old makeup and look for something more natural! It wasn't easy but it was done.
My first stop was actually the place for me ... Pure + simple spa. They carry two lines of organic cosmetics that I ended up sampling. And I have to give a shout out to the ladies working there ... amazing customer service!
There are really only a couple of things I use regularly ... concealer and eye shadow. According to staff, I don't need concealer (did I mention I love them?) but I picked some up because I like to have it handy. .: Jane Iredale :. has a luscious line I've fallen in love with. Some benefits:
* Non-comedogenic, will not block pores.
* Virtually no allergy risk. All products have been sensitivity tested.
* Broad-spectrum UVB and UVA protection - up to SPF 20.
* Anti-inflammatory, helps to calm and soothe irritated skin.
* Very water resistant rating by an approved FDA lab.
* Complete coverage for skin conditions like acne, rosacea and redness following treatments like chemical peels and laser resurfacing.
* Contains no talc or parabens.
* Composed of inert minerals that cannot support bacteria.
* Environmentally aware.
* No products have been tested on animals
Over to eyeshadow. I'm an eyeshadow junkie. I could have bought every colour in the store. I decided to switch from the Jane Iredale line and take a look at .: Pure + simple's own line :.
So many shades and so little time! I particularly liked how light everything felt on my face. And how much fun is this ... the colours can be used on lips and cheeks as well! Did I mention the prices are less than Sephora? Yes ladies ... check it out. Pure + simple has four locations in Toronto but if you don't live here, don't despair ... you can buy their products online!
Happy shopping :)
September 19, 2008
Keep Reading ...