September 9, 2008

You Took A Picture ...

This is long overdue! I was going to post pictures from the photo shoot with .: JBSmith Photography :. but Jessica told me she popped the disc in the mail so I thought I'd wait and give a few more details once it arrived ... and I'm glad I did! Now I get to rave about Jessica even more. I swear it was like Christmas when I opened up my mailbox yesterday ... I saw a package and got all excited ;)

When you receive a DVD from Jessica, professionalism rings out from the moment you lay eyes on things. Just check out the cover from our session ...

But wait ... there's more! Upon opening the case, you're treated to a proper DVD (no Sharpies involved with this gal!) and even instructions on how to best care for it.


Woohoo! Next was time to pop the disc in my laptop and check everything out. I'll share a few favourites with you and let you know any stories along the way ...

Jessica has been a good friend of mine for a couple years now. In fact, I don't even remember when we met (except I know it was cold out!). She was gracious enough to do head shots for me a while back but quite frankly, styles change ... and so do businesses! Over the past little while I've been lucky enough to find some steady associates and I wanted to introduce them to everyone. After all, clients should know the others that I'm going to bring to their event!

(I'll be formally introducing them soon but so you know now, from left to right ... Crystal, Me, Nicole.)

I wanted an outdoor shoot to play on the city's vibe ... what we weren't prepared for was the humidity of the day! We were all set with umbrellas in case of rain but stomping around Toronto in the thick air wasn't overly fun. Luckily we managed to make each other laugh to pass the time ...


If you haven't noticed already, I'm going to post more of the less-than-serious pictures this time around. I love Jessica's 'feet shots' so I had to see if she would do one for me. Personally, I think everyone just wanted to shut me up :) Truth be told, I wanted to show off my $17.99 pair of shoes.


You may have read Jessica's blog last week where she posted a few of her favourites from the shoot (if not, it's over .: here :.). In that batch she posted a photo of the three of us jumping. Aside from the awesome company that day, those shots produced my favourite memory. You'll notice in the first picture it's just the three of us kicking up our heels ... and in the second one we have a couple of visitors ...



We were happily jumping along when all of a sudden we were approached by two rather eager and perky people. All I heard at first was, "we want to take a picture!" ... I'm pretty sure Jessica heard the same thing. We weren't sure if they wanted to *take* our photo or be *in* it ... either way we decided to go with it ... you never know who you'll meet in Toronto!
It turns out that they were two dancers going to school at George Brown. When they saw us jumping around and being silly, they wanted to join in. The shot turned out amazing ... we all actually jumped at the same! And honestly, those professional leaps added some credibility to our look. My only regret is we didn't catch their names or contact info! If anyone knows who they are, I have a photo I would like to share with them ;)

Once again I'd like to thank Jessica from .: JBSmith Photography :. for giving up her day to work with us. No one else could make me feel like screaming, "BANANAS!" is a normal thing to do ;)


1 comment:

Jess at Periwinkle Flowers said...

I love these photos! So beautiful, and I love how Jessica captured you all looking so natural and relaxed!
-Jess at Periwinkle Flowers