August 12, 2008

And Now To Me You're Everything

Another fabulous finalist in the blog contest!


Nervous isn’t the right word. Anxious either. Paranoid? Maybe.

I knew from day one that I liked her. Love her even. But what if she didn’t like me? That would be awkward to say the least.

I prepped myself that morning, took my time in the shower, blew my hair out nice, apply just the right amount of makeup and took a look at myself in the mirror. Yes, that would do.

I hopped in my car and parked at the designated spot agreed to by one of my bridesmaids, and got into her car.

“You ready?” she said with a smile.

“I think so.” I said back, clenching my fists, willing them not to go clammy.

We drove to our destination, got out of the car and made our way inside. I paced around nervously, telling myself that the meeting would be great. She would love me just as much as I love her and then there she was. Beautiful, still in her plastic. My dress. THE dress.

I pulled her out, slipped her on and had a store attendant help me with the back. I made my way to the mirror and instantly knew. She did love me just as much as I loved her. So much so, that she would make me feel like the most beautiful bride on my wedding day.

Needless to say, it was a match made in Heaven!



No comments: