June 24, 2008

Wood I Be Your Girl ...


Still being on my mission to inform others and educate myself about anything eco-friendly we can do I was looking at rings today. One site that popped out to me has a bit of special meaning ...

Loving trees, forests and all things nature, these pieces of jewelry by Gustav at Simply Wood Rings actually gave me chills. Perhaps I first got all emotional when reading the description of his artistry ... here it is in his own words ...

"Most of my wooden wedding rings are made of salvaged lumber; some simply found.
Much of the lumber used is sourced from other crafts people. Lumber such as that from the elegant neck of a violin that had its beginnings filling orchestra halls with sounds that soothed the human soul, or the wood from the baseball bat of a mothers' young son.
All the material used to make these rings had a previous noble life before their transformation to a new life of beauty.
I handcraft every ring to bring out the warmth and honesty of the wood. I endeavor to maintain the original spirit of any wood that offers itself to evolve into something new such as a wedding ring, anniversary ring or just simply a celebration of nature ring."


Again, check out the site and consider a little something extra for the environment :)

Cheers,

S




No comments: