November 13, 2007

The Twins Emerge....

First, I want to say how grateful I am to Susan to give me the opportunity to blog on her site.

So, what am I going to write about? Here's the short version (ready....?) We are planning our same sex wedding to be held in May of 2009 in New Jersey (a.k.a. Southern Canada).

I'm going to be buying everything for our wedding on Ebay or similar sites. Yes, everything. I'll also be putting together a typical budget for the items that I'm planning on purchasing - retail vs. auction. Oooh, shopping and bargain hunting for a wedding, what could be better?

Since this will be my second wedding -- I planned my straight wedding ages ago before I knew better (way back in the 80's!), and now my same sex wedding, I'll post my experiences of both and the differences, if any, in the way we are treated as a same sex couple making wedding plans vs. a straight couple. I may even have a weak moment and post a picture or two from the wedding where Big Hair ruled in the land of Bon Jovi...and the icing on THAT cake - I was a Hair Stylist back then!!!

Boy, are you in for a treat.

Here's a bit about me...
I'm extroverted, dry witted, creative, love meeting new people and learning about them, passionate, strong-willed...

My favourite song: Dancing in the Moonlight – King Harvest (what a dork!)

One food I'd arm wrestle for: Dark Chocolate anything from Naked Chocolate Cafe.

Something I'm extremely passionate about: Marriage Equality

If I were a movie character I would be: Louise (Thelma and Louise) or Kate Hepburn

Something that scares the bejeezus out of me: George Bush, Dick Cheyney, et al., Global Warming.


No comments: