November 15, 2007

Proposal #2 From A Reader

Here's another wonderful story received ...

Great things happen when you play Scrabble!!

Thanksgiving weekend.... Saturday night, while camping at Silent Lake, Chris and I were playing a game of Scrabble (while it rained cats and dogs outside of our dining tent). At the end of the game, Chris said he still had 1 more word to play, and with the game already being over, I agreed to let him play it (just to humour him). He played the word "Ring" and I clapped politely on the good play, and when I looked up, he was holding a ring box in his hand. I began to cry and obviously said yes :)

It didn't go down as he had hoped. He had originally wanted to take me on a canoe ride and propose to me on this little island that's located in the middle of the lake (Silent Lake Provincial Park is "our" park). Unfortunately, the weather didn't agree w/ his plan, as it rained from the moment we woke up, until we went to bed. While playing Scrabble however, he noticed the opportunity to spell "RING" and thought it was too good to be true, and obviously far too good to pass up :) So he took the opportunity, and proposed!

In my opinion, something "planned" couldn't have gone any better :) It was the perfect proposal!

As an aside, looking back at the photo, we noticed that the word "RING" was played between the words "GREAT" and "GIFT". Obviously, it was meant to be!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Kelly & Chris, Mississauga, On





Thanks so much!!! :)

No comments: