November 6, 2007

Guest Authors Aplenty!

If you're a regular reader of this little blogspot, you may have noticed each day the list of guest authors on the right has been growing. That was my intention all along but I have to say I'm thrilled at the response from everyone. Some vendor authors will be popping in and out at their leisure, some will be a bit more of a constant fixture ... you'll see! The lovely brides-to-be (and some grooms-to-be!) will likely be writing a bit more but that's their call.

What's the reason for the update, you ask? Well, I realized people were coming on to the site but no formal introductions were being made! I'd love to take a few minutes to give those who I know are on board a quick hello and let everyone know how we know one another ...

With all of the brides-to-be (for now), they're clients in one capacity or another. Some are close in distance, some far ... but something serendipitous happened at some point and we're in constant contact now!

On to the vendors ...

The lovely Kristina Laukkanen from k.photography (soon to be officially changed to Sugar Tree Photography) is someone I'm very proud to call a friend. We actually met when my husband and I hired her to do our own wedding photos and since then I've had a blast watching her grow as an artist. She has a very exciting new endeavor taking up much of her time right now and I'm sure once she's able to post, she'll tell you all about it.

When thinking about a make-up artist to bring on board, it didn't take me long to figure out who to approach. I met Kelly Weldrick about a year and a half ago after I received her name from the small business program we both graduated from. Right away I was drawn in by her energy and enthusiasm for her work ... she's one infectious lady! She also was gracious enough to be a part of the team for the fashion show I helped coordinate this past March.

Also because of the fashion show I was lucky enough to meet and work with the great Martin Kolditz of MGX Productions. Frugal Bride members will know the company and I hope to bring him a bit more exposure through this blog. I called for a volunteer videographer and within hours Martin jumped on board. He was an absolute delight to work with and he has the patience of a saint. I truly look forward to working with him again!

Jessica and Erin from Periwinkle Flowers will be joining us later on this year or early next year with some tips/advice/stories from florists. I was passed their contact information by my business coach and within a couple months of introducing myself, a client of mine ended up booking with them! They're both young, hip and fun to work with ... I can't wait to see what they bring to the mix!

That's it for introductions for now ... more people will be coming on board as time goes by but before I forgot, I wanted to welcome everyone. And of course, each writer is more than welcome to give their side of the story ;)


1 comment:

BloggerBride said...

Looking forward to reading everyone's tidbits!

~bb~