September 12, 2008

The Morning After....

Or well, in this case, 2 mornings after.



Like most brides, I’ve decided to join a local boot camp to whip my body in shape for the “big day”. Seeing that my wedding is just over a month away, I’ll admit, I’m pushing myself just a little bit further than I normally would. I’m lucky in the sense that my dress will hide a lot, however the bikini I’ll be wearing the week after is not as forgiving.

Have you ever heard your muscles scream? I rolled over this morning (well, truth be told, I tried to roll over this morning) and heard a yelp. I swear it was my glutes and quads screaming in protest, but quickly realized that the yelp came from my mouth. I quickly slapped my hand over my mouth and looked at my fiancé to make sure I didn’t wake him up, and made a mental note to curse my boot camp instructor after dealing with my “rolling over” issue.

For the first time in 2 years, I was thankful for having a platform bed. Normally I loathe the thing, because I have a habit of either stubbing my toe or banging my shin into the base, but this morning it was a blessing. I think I actually heard the angels sing! I managed to grab the headboard with my left hand, and the platform edging with my right, and slowly but surely rock myself onto my left side, with minimal discomfort, settling myself to lazily doze off once again.

And of course, once in my desired position, the alarm went off to start my day. Damn that Murphy and his laws!

So now, I'm sitting on my couch, laptop in reach, blogging about my aches and pains. But on October 18th, when I slip my dress onto my recently boot camped body, I wouldn't have it any other way.


No comments: