July 29, 2008

Baby, What a Big Surprise


Fantastic news while I was shopping today. Not only did I successfully find what I was looking for but I came across a postcard with some exciting information! For anyone in the Durham region that might be tired of going to the big grocery stores or looking for those local markets only to find out they're closed, there's a new solution ... durham Organics!

They put together bins of fresh, organic produce from local farms and deliver straight to your door. You can choose from four different levels, each one with it's own benefits. The produce does not travel more than 100kms, when delivering they use their efficient Hybrid van, they commit to carbon offsets ... the list goes on.

Check out the website. I'm hoping this leads to more organic caterers in the area, too ... perfect for events!


No comments: