March 27, 2008

It's Not Easy Being Green

Recently I had the distinct pleasure of meeting up with a woman trying to make a difference in the world. Allison Greenbaum's brainchild Little Green Book of Savings is garnering more and more attention across the GTA and I couldn't be more thrilled for her.

When I met Allison she explained the purpose flawlessly. Her inspiration was the ever-popular Entertainment Book of Savings (you know that big ole book of coupons you can purchase that contains deals on food, cinema and other goodies?). Her book has a twist though. All of the coupons inside either reduce environmental impact, are good for the environment, good for body, health, mind, spirit or involve entertainment. For example, my very favourite restaurant in town (Butler's Pantry) has coupons for free beverages ... you know I'll be using those ones!



Yesterday Allison was featured on City News. She's working tirelessly to bring attention to her cause and it looks like it's catching on! To view the piece on City News, visit the link and to learn more about this fantastic book of savings (only $20 with $4000 worth of savings and I can attest it is worth it!!!) go to Allison's site ... of course if you would like any more information, feel free to ask me as well!

And before I forget, the book also has a great section on Green Living and Tips ... it really is fantastic!


No comments: